Friday, August 27, 2010

Highlights From My Parents Trip


These first two pictures are from the victory celebration in Ghana when they beat the USA in the world cup. I was there with my parents, watching the game on a big theater screen in a bus station parking lot. Thousands paraded up and down the street. It looked like a riot, only everyone was happy instead of angry. My camera couldn't catch the parade of people miles long, it was a pretty special moment for my family and me, and for the country of Ghana, who had never advanced that far in the world cup. Although I was slightly bummed the USA got eliminated from the tournament.










Thes pictures from Elmina castle near Cape Coast in Ghana. This castle is the oldest European building in Sub-saharan africa, built in the 1500's if I remember correctly. It was depressing to see this, but fascinating. We learned a lot about the history of the slave trade and the different countries that have occupied and used the castle in the past.

My parents took many more pictures than I did on the trip. I keep encouraging them to post photos on here and give their outlook on my life here. Hopefully that will come soon.

No comments: