Tuesday, August 31, 2010

COS Conference

Last week, We had our COS (close-of-service) Conference at a nice hotel on the beach in Lome. Every volunteer from my original training group attended.  What was once a group of 31 of us had been dwindled down to only 17. Almost half of us did not make it this far.

We spent three days talking about our re-adjustment to life back in the states and how we would talk about our service to friends, family, and potential employers. We also received our dates of departure from Togo. I'm leaving here November 18th.

I am eager to come home.  I have learned a lot through this experience, and in these last few months I hope to write some deep well though-out posts on my Peace Corps service. I am sorry I have not been writing more frequently lately. For now consider the following:

Two years ago I posted a picture of myself on the beach looking pensively out to sea. Here is photo of me take at our conference (sporting my hip Euro Trunks given to me by my girlfriends on my 26th birthday). If you don't know whether I will have changed when I come back, grown, matured, or whatever, do know that my taste in swim trunks has gotten a whole lot awesomer.

No comments: