Monday, June 21, 2010

Akloa Falls

Akloa Falls, Memorial Day. My buddy James and I having fun and generally looking like idiots in all these photos.


James in mid air preparing for a devastating belly flop




You really haven't lived until you've high-fived beneath a waterfall.


Picture of the year? Me jumping from a cliff, I didn't have my measuring tape, but I'd say it was good ten stories high. James, peer-pressuring me to jump/cheering on my foolishness.



Couple of real cool dudes.


In other news: My parents will be visiting me in a few days; yes, here in Africa! I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited.

On the record: It should be a very memorable experience for everyone, as a well as a nice little vacation to Ghana, where I will be be watching that country play in the World Cup and generally getting caught up in all the fandemonium of the tournament.


Off the record: This is Africa, something will happen my parents are not prepared for. In the words of Samuel L. Jackson: "Hold on to your butts."

4 comments:

Dan Gurney said...

Grant, have a good time with your Mom and Dad. Our son, James told us about your trip to the falls. It is really fun for us to see the photos you posted of your adventure.

Anonymous said...

A Jurassic Park Quote??? You are so Funny... How about this one...
"We can make it if we run.
No, we can't.
Why not?
Because we are being hunted.
Oh God.
It's all right.
Like hell it is!"

I have a feeling that this is what you and your parents are going to encouter on their adventure.
-Jeffry

Anonymous said...

To all,
All f you must get to Africa for your own visit. We had an awesome, spectacular, wonderful, enlightening experience with Grant and the people of Ghana, and especially in Togo and in his village. He was truly amazing to watch wherever we went. The people of his village honor him and honored us in return. The stories are many and we did not have to watch our butts...Grant did so for us!! Mom and Dad

Maldives Complete Blog said...

When I lived in Togo, those falls were called the 'Badou Cascades'. I first saw them in a promotional poster for Togo when I had my first job interview to go to Togo. After a year long quest to find a job in West Africa, it then seemed so close I could touch it. I always wanted to get to the cascades, but wasn't able to do so until the final month of my stay. It was dream-like adventure.

Bruce Lynn
London, UK
brucelynnblog.spaces.live.com