Friday, December 5, 2008

Swear-In

Im an official Peace Corps Volunteer as of December 4th. Here are some pictures (I've lost twenty pounds. Do I look thinner?):
All the NRM volunteers swearing in.
My closest neighbors during my two years of service


My host Mama and I


The front of my new home for the next two years



The NRM guys









Afrikiko Bar, where we all hung out during training.
I have been in Lome, the capital, for a few days buying supplies for post. I bought a big African drum and two bottles of Southern Comfort. I think I'm good to go.
Hopefully more pictures to come around christmas time of my village. That is all for now. I've got more to do before leaving for my village tomorrow.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice jammies Grantie! You look so happy and I'm so proud of you. We got our first real snow here yesterday, it was 3 degrees when I woke up this morning. Brrrrr! I bet you aren't missing those cold Montana winters yet. Love you lots, can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Nice Jammies is right. Little O wants a pair. Make sure your "mama" makes one up. He would love a wild jungle print. Thanksgiving wasn't the same as we missed your Mr. Rogers sweater and of course hilarous sense of humor. I sent a package a few weeks ago, hope you got it. I will try and give you a ring now that you have a cell phone.
Love you long time,
Sissy #1

Unknown said...

Grant, you are looking good, but a bit native. Your Dad keeps me informed of your activities, the native beer and the miles you walk to get to the beer. Sounds exciting. Keep up the great work.
Jim Knoll, no relation.

katy said...

Grant...you look fabulous! I love the outfits, your house, the bar. It all makes me so proud of you! Congrats on everything! Love us

Anonymous said...

You do look very happy! The Swear-In must have been fun and festive. Looking forward to more pictures of Kamina and hear about your health. Sending protien bars and Christmas package. Love you Grant.
Mom

Uncle Charlie said...

Lovvvvvve the pajamas. Great photos, nice house, cute girls, looks like an amazing experience. Let me know when you get the fishing/soccer trip planned for your Dad so I can come along!

Anonymous said...

Grant-

Sweet pics buddy. You look quite pimp in your new duds. You always had one hell of a fashion sense. I'm glad you found a sweet bar to hang at. I was also pleased to hear that "supplies" from the capital included two bottles of southern comfort. You really do know how to have a good time. We all miss you. Hope you got our little package of letters! Take care TG.

love, heidi